Tuesday, May 19, 2009

Bigger than Jordans Tits .....


Oh the power of the media, blown out of proportion or what ??.... no, no, not Jordan and Peter - that other story that's proved to be bigger than Jordans mammaries - the uproar over MP's Expenses.

Before I start defending the MP's wholeheartedly I will add a caveat that - yes, there are some who (appear) to have acted like crooks, claiming for second house mortgages after they've paid for the fucking things, and a couple of other instances- that have made sensationalized headlines this week.
But lets just get a grip on reality a little bit here - if I'm in a job, and part of the job description and contract says that I'm allowed to submit claims for expenses, which then have to be agreed by an independent party, then I'm going to bloody well claim for them !!

Who in their right mind wouldn't - at my current job, if we use our own car to visit other sites as part of our days work then we can claim 40p per mile, do I claim for it - -every fookin time.
I don't claim 50p (or 35p for that matter) but I claim every penny I'm allowed to under the terms of my contract.
So why the outcry over the 99% of MP's who have claimed for all and sundry, as they are entitled to by the terms laid out in their contracts - just because we're in a recession ? - never mind being a reason not to claim, its more of a bloody reason to claim, they're in the same recession as we are.
They did an interview with some 'people' on the streets (of Bolton I think) on Radio 1 today, the only argument anyone of them came up with was basically - I can't do it so why can they ??
One woman went so far as to say, 'They [politicians] claim for Chauffeurs, Maids - and its not right. They should drive to work themselves and clean their own houses' ..... so, in other words,lets throw the Chauffeur and Maid out of work, sod them having a job - !!
It appears to me that almost all the outcry's I heard today could be summed up in one word 'Jealousy' - If I can't have it then they can't frame of mind.
Yes the way MP's expenses are dealt with may be wrong, but the Politicians (at least most of them) are only claiming what they are currently entitled to, every job has its perks, and this is one of being an MP..........


............. is 44 to old for a change in career ?

1 comment:

Mike said...

oh I don't know VOJ. Whats the current number of MP's that have been caught out now, around 100 ? so thats about 1 in 7 of current MPs who've been robbing off the tax payer, that we know of, and it could have been going on for years and years, meaning that all these tax raises we keep being expected to pay are due in some form to cover all the thieving going on.

No problem with general expenses, but some of the publicised claims such as forestry commision tree inspections are a bit OTT.

You wouldnt get away with it, neither would I or 99% of all other Joe Bloggs, and if you did and then eventually got caught you would sacked at the least, probably hung drawn and quartered in the local magistrates and some time at her majestys pleasure at worse, surely the same applies here.

I say maybe time for guy fawkes mk 2 to get rid of the lot of the thieving scumbags and hand the country back to the crown to run, because they never abuse their subjects hard earned cash do they.....

Mike