Sunday, October 21, 2007

Should have gone to Specsavers...

Played at the Ace of Clubs this week, first time I've been able to get down for quite a few weeks, and had a cash in 3rd Place of the main game. My overall performance was mixed, I played a couple of strong hands extremely weakly, and some weak hands extremely strongly - overall I would say room for improvement - especially when the blinds where large and we were down to around the bubble time.
I did have one quite weird hand, that eventually ended up with me winning a nice pot, around the last 2 table stage....

Just to set the scene - I tend to sit forward when I'm playing live, arms rested on the table hunched over my chips, and the lad to my left, Matt, tended to sit back - his chair on the back 2 legs type of style. So consequently I was a little conscious that when I lifted my hole cards up Matt could get a glimpse over my left shoulder and see what they were, therefore my look at the cards consisted of left hand shielding the cards and the quickest of peeks, lifting the cards with my right thumb only.Anyway I looked down at my cards UTG and was pleased to see KK - we had a few players on our table who would play any Ace-rag, so I put in a 3 times BB bet of 600 to ward away the chance of any chancy hands playing. I got one shortish stack caller, and the table chip leader called from the BB.... which was fine by me as it built a nice pot. The flop came 2KJ - I'd hit trip Kings. The BB made a bet of 600 so I pushed all-in over the top, the shortstack folds and I get called by the Chip Leader.He shows AJ suited and I nonchalantly turn over my Pocket Kings ...... only to find that I had looked at my cards wrong pre-flop and that I had in fact been playing K2 !! Anyway 'all's well that ends well' as they say, and he didn't improve, but that's one hand I wouldn't have been even involved in if I'd looked at my cards correctly

No comments: