Sunday, June 22, 2008

Mixed Bag

Decided not to go to the Live DTD Satellite for next weeks Virgin Festival, a couple of reasons made my mind up
1.We only have 1 car at the minute due to the wife having a prang in the other one - which means relying on relatives to ferry to and fro Sunday evening.
2. £35 (i.e $70) is almost 7 x my usual max buy-in, and just for a Satellite doesn't really work on my Bankroll
3. This Friday is the big buy-in at Ace of Clubs with £500 added - so a field of Max 24 for prize or 2 fields of 80 then a field of 250, I'll take the smaller field anytime.

Anyway Poker this week has been a case of what might have been, in the few tourneys I've played I've finished in the money without having a big cash. The cash games have been up and down with the main loss being when I stumbled into a $1-NL Stud Game by accident and ended up losing $20 before I realised my error :( Then in tonight's Poker God when going holding an above average stack I got hasty and made a very loose push holding second pair on a raggy board, after raising a limper pre-flop from the BB. Thinking (hoping) he was holding Ace-Big I pushed my second pair of 6's into his overpair of JJ and he hit a J on the turn for good measure, knocking me out 33rd of 360 with the top 30 getting points.

My attempt at getting a Quiz team has fell flat on 2 fronts both at Work and amongst the Poker Playing fraternity - I had one definite member in each team but for a game that required three in a team 2 teams of two didn't work.

On a home front its been an expensive week preparing for our holidays and just generally eating !! - The news about the poor economy and rising inflation really rings true when you get to the checkout and the Supermarkets, things are tight financially for everyone at the moment.

No comments: