Sunday, June 22, 2008

Sounds from my Youth

After mentioning how tight things are financially at the moment I have in fact splashed out and ordered myself a couple of 'Luxury Items' this week, from Amazon.

First is Poker based with the purchase of both volumes of 'Harrington on Cash' - I'd been thinking of getting the for a while, but after my Bankroll had an adverse reaction to 'Harrington on Holdem' the first month after I purchased them, although the basics what those books taught me have provided dividends in the long run, I was unsure whether to buy the 'Cash' books until I read Rossi's Blog , and how they worked for him.


Secondly, when I was in my teenage years I borrowed (lent? - never sure which is which) my favourite album to a School Pal - in exchange for lending (borrowing) 'Yellow Brick Road' by Elton John (in Limited Edition Yellow Vinyl) from him. The months, years passed and we lost touch -and never returned each others records - then around 5 years ago he contacted me via Friends Re-United, and he invited myself and the wife around for a meal and a chance to catch up on old times. Anyway as a 'gift' I returned his Elton John album from all those years past, but he unfortunately no longer had my album - thrown out in numerous moves over the years - not that it would have made a great difference as I no longer have a record player.

Anyway whilst browsing through Amazon for the Poker books I've stumbled across the record, now available on CD !!! - Delivery 1-3 weeks, I can hardly wait.

The group you probably have never heard of .......... 'Splodgenessabounds'...... but if ever you come across an album of theirs in a carboot sale I urge you to hand over your 50p, listen to the lyrics and the thumping melodies :)

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I've not read the Harringtom cash books but a mate of mine bought them the first day they came out. He says they are a good read but don't really cover any new ground from what he's read in the Sklansky books and on forums