Monday, March 26, 2007

Hello there Pop Pickers ...

Its probably 25+ years since I used to have Record Mirror delivered weekly, I used to enjoy music when I was a teenager - I can remember the exhilaration of hearing 'New Boots and Panties' for the first time (Please if you never heard it, purchase a copy - it's probably only 50p on EBay)

I'm completely out of touch with modern bands and music,but I came across a great track on this years BRITS compilation that I bought for the Missus the other day called 'Chelsea Dagger', and then whilst shopping for a Sports Bra ( er.. not for me I hasten to add, the 'manboobs' have reduced slightly since the diet !) in 'JB Sports' I heard a track over the instore radio, which I instantly thought was brilliant.

I didn't know the name of the song, I just remembered some of the lyrics ... so I googled

'Addicts and Hasbeens'
and it gave me the song title 'Henrietta' ..... which lo and behold is by the same group as sang 'Chelsea Dagger'.
So this weekend I'm going to be buying an album by ...........

'The Fratellis'

No comments: