Monday, July 23, 2007

Call the Coastguard.....

Got hit,on the River again in a big hand. This time in a 10 Seat GTD Satellite to tonight's Betfair $11k tourney.
48 Starters,2hrs in and we are down to the last 12 - for me,that in itself is an achievement, as halfway through the tournament I had to take 1/2 hr out to help unload a new freezer that we had delivered !!

We had been playing the last 2 tables for probably 40 mins, no-one wanting to risk losing chips on loose calls. I'm laying in about 9th, and have been stealing quite regularly to keep my head above water, when 'ring','ring' the phone goes, "Get that" comes the shout from the Wife who is decorating upstairs, I wasn't in the hand and as the hand was in progress I quickly run and pick up the phone.We were expecting the Plumber to call, so I was assuming it was him calling to say he was on his way - But no, it was my Mother !! Now my mums a lovely person, but she doesn't believe in using just 1 word when you have the opportunity to use 10. I then hear the dealing of the next hand, and its my Big Blind, from the phone I can just make out the cards I've been dealt, and I can see that at least one is a picture.
I've not got a clue what my mother is saying down the phone, and I just tell to her "Hang on - a minute". I get to the table and I've been dealt Pockets Kings, BINGO !! - now I just need someone to try and steal my blind, they all fold around to the Small Blind - who is Chip Leader...... he raises putting me all-in to call - I call in a Flash, and he turns A2o.
.... The flop isn't great as it comes 365..... 'NO FOUR !!'.... the turn is a 7 ..... 'NO FOUR !!!' ... then the River comes .... and much to my surprise it isn't a FOUR ! .... its a bleedin Ace.

Out in 12th ! ..... get back to the phone and Mum is still talking .....

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Oh mate, I hate it when you are just waiting and deep down you know that its coming! Very unlucky. Can't really have done much different.

Mike said...

I'm considering lobbying the poker authorities to start playing NLHE with only 4 community cards, I know we're currently experiencing bad floods in the UK but the amount of bad rivers Ive seen in the last few days as been unreal.