Sunday, September 16, 2007

Trying to Burst the Bubble

My STT bankroll challenge started well, I made $71 profit from the first 20 tourneys. Which is above the suggested return of $2 per game - however I seem to have hit bubble trouble on the start of my next 20, played 4 games and bubbled out 4th in 3 and iut 5th in the other. Not quite sure what I need to do to break the sequence, I'm playing patient poker but my pushes with marginal hands always seem to meet bigger hands 88 v AJ (He hits Trip J's), AJ v KK, Q9 v T8 (He hits trip T's) then finally QTs v AKs.Hoping its just variance and try not to let it get to me.
Also tonight, playing in Pokergod, I nurture my shortstack well, getting into the Top 50 then my first AA of the tourney I push (Blinds 500/1k at this points) the pot and get one caller - we get it all in on the flop of Q92 and he turns JJ - but sucksout on the river when he hits one of the remaining 2 in the pack, that hand would have put me in top 10 and sitting pretty - ah well that's the way it goes sometimes.

No comments: