Tuesday, December 18, 2007

Goals Round Up

I set myself some Poker 'goals' last November, so I've dug them out to see if I've done as expected

1. Win a PL Focus game -GOAL SCORED-
- On 31/03/2007 I won the Poker Satellites Freeroll which was that nights Focus Game

2. Hold BPP position at some point during the year - MISSED-
- Working shifts and the concentration of the BPP on sites I don't regularly play on meant this was never really within reach, I think my best position over the year was a miserly 28th

3. Make a consistent profit from the Low Stakes STT, and be playing consistently on the $10+1 buy ins by end of 2007 - HIT THE POST -
I'm making consistent profits at the lowest stakes STT, but my venture onto the $10 Tables around September time proved costly, more practice needed before I venture up to those again

4. Make a consistent profit from the Low Stakes Ring Games, and be playing consistently on the 50c-$1 tables (or equivalent) - HIT THE POST -
Again another near miss, I'm a profitable cash player but its very up and down. i'm currently doing OK at 0.15/0.25 - I think I'm good enough to play at the higher level, but my discipline is lacking sometimes

5. Attend a live PL Poker Meet up -GOAL SCORED--
There have been a few this year in Birmingham and further afield, but never really had the enthusiasm to get off my arse and get hotel etc organised. I think they are hoping to have one at DTD next year which is far handier for me -as I don't need to organise a hotel. But I'm claiming a goal for the Mini-Meet up that we had in Las Vegas with Brian and Alan -not my fault no-one else wanted to attend.

6. Win one of the PL Monthly Leagues - HIT THE POST-
These no longer run, but I did 'Win' a RTR League Prize to get myself to a live tourney in Nottingham in early 2008

7. Win prize money of over $250 (previous best) from a MTT -GOAL SCORED-
Won the Inside Poker 7 Card Stud WSOP qualifier, value $5000 ($2000 Buy In and $3000 Expenses) 01/05/2007

8.Win a prize other than cash from a tourney -GOAL SCORED-
Won the Inside Poker 7 Card Stud WSOP qualifier, value $5000 ($2000 Buy In and $3000 Expenses) 01/05/2007

9.Win a Freeroll (of any description) - -GOAL SCORED-
31/03/2007 won the Poker Satellites Freeroll for a massive $30, this also helped me achieve point 1

10. To have made over $3000 profit by end of 2007 -GOAL SCORED-
I have currently won over $4k playing Poker and just over $3k in the last 12 months alone. I don't expect to drop $1k in the next 12 days !!


11.Win entry to a large Live Poker event -GOAL SCORED-
23/12/2006 won Entry to Inside Edge Pokergod Final, to take place Sunday February 4th 2006
plus entry to The Full Tilt HORSE Final, which I couldn't attend. Also the WSOP and the RTR - DTD Qualifier.

So overall I think Pokerwise its been a successfull year, I've travelled the world playing a game I enjoy and also made a bit of money in the process.
I'll sit down later in the month and set myself some goals for the coming 12 months.

No comments: